A native application using Adaptive access can be onboarded using the developer portal web interface. You must be a member of the developers group to access the developer portal.
Your tenant administrator will have assigned what grant type are available to create an application in the developer portal. For more detailed information grant types, see Configuring single sign-on in the OpenID Connect provider.
- Launch the Developer Portal from the Dashboard.
- Click Add application.
- Enter the name and optionally description of your application.
- Select the "Context based" tile as the Grant Type.
- Once the application has been created, select the JS framework tile.
- Enter an Allowed domain. An allowed domain enables the Adaptive access session collection and detection for a given sub-domain. For example
- Click Add domain + if you wish to add additional domains.
- Click Generate. This will take up to 30 minutes to complete.
You can navigate away from developer portal and check on the snippet generate progress at a later stage.
- Once the snippet has been generated, you can copy and paste the sample code into your application.
Note: When using Adaptive access for native applications, Adaptive access will only run on webpages matching the allowed hosts entered when onboarding the application.
- Once the application has been created, select the Node.js framework tile.
- You have 2 options to set up the proxy:
Option 1 - enables you to setup your native application with configuration generated from the initial application creation.
Option 2 - download a sample app pre-configured with your application settings.
Now that your application is onboarded you can start instrumenting your application. Head over to Developing Native Web Applications to get started.