An instance of the developer portal using Adaptive access can be onboarded using the admin web interface.
In order to deploy the developer portal there are some mandatory fields which must be populated. In these steps we focus on deploying the developer portal for deploying native applications using Adaptive access. For detailed documentation on the other options available see, Configuring single sign-on in the OpenID Connect provider.
- Click Add application and enter IBM Security Verify Developer Portal into the search field.
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- In the Developer portal settings, select "Context-based authorization" as the Grant Type.
This will also check the "JWT Bearer" Grant Type.
- Under Access Policies, unselect (if selected) "Use default policy".
- Select the pencil icon, and select an Access policy to associate with the application.
For steps on configuring access policy see Native application policy
- Check the grant types the policy will be attached to.
Ensure "JWT Bearer" is checked, otherwise only Pre-authentication rules will be applied.
- Click Save.
Developers can now onboard applications with adaptive capabilities in the developer portal. Head over to Developing Native Web Applications to get started.